
This is John and Nolan getting ready for the birthday party! Nolan usually likes to help vacuum, and he also likes to help mow the lawn. Usually his "helping" is running around saying "chase me!" as John does the work, but sometimes he actually helps. Now, if you're worried about Nolan being chased by a lawn mower, no fear. It's an old fashioned push mower with no motor, just a rotating blade with a safety guard on the front. No chance of hurt little boys.
I've come to realize that what my mom has said for a while is true, that three is just a continuation of two, except perhaps more so. Nolan is bossier and braver. Last night, he showed some muscle but thankfully was still good for negotiations. He so desperately wanted to watch a movie and pulled out the teary eyes trick, which is genuine yet so easily turned on and off. He ate his dinner entirely as I asked after much stubborn thought, then got his wish (a short bit of a train movie). Then bedtime drama... I put him to bed and he actually came downstairs! He sneaked quietly down the steps and it took me a minute to realize he was looking at me. He smiled victoriously. We went to bed again, and he came down again. I had to get ready for the next day, so he just laid in bed watching and waiting and once I was going to get in bed, here he comes again. This doesn't happen often, so we caved and let him sleep with us, but I am apprehensive about here on out.
No comments:
Post a Comment