This past weekend ended up being the perfect time for Nolan's birthday party here in Milwaukee. A little late, but oh well. It ended up being a huge party since we didn't really think about how many we were inviting and that everyone would come. We wouldn't have had it any other way though, especially since everyone had a good time. I think I counted sixteen kids of various ages, and of course there were accompanying adults. Nolan had a great time, observing from the dinner table for a while the ensuing madness. I thought play dough would create a kind a zen serenity amongst the kids as they could focus on creating wild play dough animals, but that didn't quite happen although some did enjoy it. Everyone got very quiet when they were eating though! Nolan looked so happy when he saw his cake and everyone sang the requisite happy birthday song. I wish I could have bottled up his smile! He then only ate off the frosting, so I let him have another small piece later, and Elijah decided to read him a book then, too. A great time was definitely had by Nolan, and his parents and hopefully everyone else, too! Nolan asked before he went to bed if he could have another party, and has asked several times since as well.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
cake #2 for a three year old
This past weekend ended up being the perfect time for Nolan's birthday party here in Milwaukee. A little late, but oh well. It ended up being a huge party since we didn't really think about how many we were inviting and that everyone would come. We wouldn't have had it any other way though, especially since everyone had a good time. I think I counted sixteen kids of various ages, and of course there were accompanying adults. Nolan had a great time, observing from the dinner table for a while the ensuing madness. I thought play dough would create a kind a zen serenity amongst the kids as they could focus on creating wild play dough animals, but that didn't quite happen although some did enjoy it. Everyone got very quiet when they were eating though! Nolan looked so happy when he saw his cake and everyone sang the requisite happy birthday song. I wish I could have bottled up his smile! He then only ate off the frosting, so I let him have another small piece later, and Elijah decided to read him a book then, too. A great time was definitely had by Nolan, and his parents and hopefully everyone else, too! Nolan asked before he went to bed if he could have another party, and has asked several times since as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment