Monday, June 08, 2009

mr. self assured

Nolan is a very ticklish boy and he has just gotten into tickling us, too. Today he wanted to tickle my chin but was having a bit of difficulty because I kept tickling him. So he said, "Close your eyes mama" and then took the opportunity to tickle me. I still managed to tickle him back, so then he said, "I'm holding your hands" as he tried to block my hands from tickling him. Pretty smart, and pretty bossy. We then went out to play this evening because of how nice it was and he saw across the street a little girl about seven or eight riding an electric pink scooter. He was mesmerized and wanted to go see it where they were playing at the end of the block. He was playing barefoot, so I said he needed socks and shoes first. He sat down and said, "I need shocks and shoes, I'm waiting." It was so cute the way he said it, it took me a minute to figure out how bossy it sounded. As we walked toward the girl on the scooter, he said, "Let's go say hi!" This was novel, since he's usually so shy. Once we were there and the little girl said hi to him, he did revert to his shy self and hid behind my legs until she rode away.

No comments: