Monday, March 23, 2009

using your marbles


Nolan loves "mahbles." We do not have such a great homemade toy as Maggie has however. Nolan was completely mesmerized by this toy.


Nolan is big on being a copycat now, which led to much fun with the older toddlers. He wanted to do whatever Maggie did, including at one point crawling on the sidewalk meowing like a cat.


Nothing like a warm day and dirt to bring out the boy in Nolan. At the playground a small group of kids was attracted to a dirt pit, digging, making dirt angels and the like. I'm not sure how so much got on his mouth. When I was in the bathroom washing it off, Nolan did an amazing thing. He actually sang the alphabet song on his own, his idea even, start to finish. He sang quietly while I washed his hands and I tried not to act too crazy praising him. He's not much for public singing or other displays of his secret toddler knowledge, but I had an inkling he knew the whole alphabet, he just always preferred for me to sing it. Is he just a perfectionist? Maybe he just wanted to get it right the first time, but I may be projecting.

No comments: