Sunday, February 08, 2009

the stuff of little boy dreams

Today Nolan and I went to the Domes to see the train exhibit for the second time this year. We'll probably go as many times as possible until the show is over in March. It was fitting for a Sunday morning, because Nolan was completely transfixed by the excursion. He would stand in the same place for several minutes meditating on everything before him, and it is a beautiful place besides all the toys. He was such a talkative little boy on the way, telling me about all the animals he knows and the noises they make and observing all the traffic signs, but on the way home he was silent and serious. I'd love to know what was going on in his little head.




I swear he was having a great time, I think the look he's giving me is suggesting he didn't want to turn around for the picture.


He didn't want to turn around, but I had to get an image of the dome's architecture.


After an hour of watching multiple trains go around and around, Nolan left the dome of his own free will, no kicking and screaming. However, as we walked away, he said a couple times quietly and pitifully, "domes..." and I reassured him that his dad would bring him back which seemed to satisfy him.

No comments: