Sunday, October 26, 2008

giddy up giddiness

This weekend we went to Swan's Farm, a great pumpkin farm experience right outside of the city. They were one of the sponsors of the Bayview neighborhood Halloween festivities this weekend, including a ceremonial lighting of 1000 pumpkins carved by locals on display in the park. We saw that Friday night and decided we needed to go to the farm itself.


There was a little petting zoo filled with hungry goats (you can see the fence bowing out from their effort to get the food). There were also llamas, ducks and donkeys to Nolan's delight.



There were also pony rides! Nolan was apprehensive at first, but then just as I didn't think it was going to happen he yelled "ride horse!" and away we went. I think he realized how big an opportunity it was... he laughed so much as we went round and round.


What trip to a farm is complete without a hayride, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that Nolan is such an animal person.. just wait until he starts begging for a pony of his own!