Sunday, April 11, 2010

midweek vacation at Ella's Deli






I had an entire Wednesday off (because I had to work Saturday...) and we decided to take a trip to Madison, our fair state capitol. It was raining but that didn't put a damper on our trip. Nolan got his own umbrella and was thrilled. He had to share it with us for a block since we forgot ours, which he found quite upsetting... He quickly learned how to deploy it and fold it back up again, which we did many times in and out of the great little shops along State Street. The pinnacle of his trip however was Ella's Deli. Anyone would be awestruck at the gizmos and whirligigs hanging from every inch of the ceiling. Nolan tried his best to eat and look up at the same time. He was completely mesmerized and just watching him watch everything in motion was entertaining enough for us. The last time we went to Ella's was almost two years ago! I hope we don't wait as long for the next time!

No comments: