I can't quite keep up with Nolan's musings on where things come from. He seems to be forming his ideas faster than I can write them down. Lately he taught me that BBQ comes from barber shops and pop-up books come from Papa. The alliteration seems obvious in his complex toddler ideas, but his conviction is solid when I ask him to repeat and explain.
His imagination has taken a whole new direction from simple pretend play with the objects in front of him like cars and toy kitchens to complete and total building from scratch. He pretends to be things and announces, "Now I'm Curious George!" and starts to go "hoo hee ha ha" in various intonations just like the cartoon monkey that he loves to watch. Then the other favorite is pretending to be a little mouse and just recently pretending to be Ruby. This gets complex because then I have to be Ruby's mom and John has to be her dad...
One of the cutest things we've seen he do with his pretend play was to tend to some chickens and their eggs. He was pretend petting the air and then pointing at the "nest" on the floor, "They're hatching!" He then carried a little chick in each hand ever so delicately and even handed me one to feed. Video to follow someday...
No comments:
Post a Comment