Now that it's warmer (sometimes) we can crack the windows on the care occasionally which sends Nolan's hair everywhere to his own displeasure. He'll yelp and then I'll close the window a bit to make things calmer (and more visible) for him in the back. The other morning we woke up to this teased out beehive on Nolan's head! I'd never seen anything quite like it on him before, and finally went out and bought some appropriate scissors the next day. I have had this odd problem for a while, that we only have trauma shears (for cutting through anything, even a penny) or dull elementary school scissors. Now it is finally trimmed but I miss his long locks, although we had been warned that it was getting dangerously close to a mullet!
He didn't nap on Saturday for some reason, he still usually does every day in spite of the big boy bed freedom, so he was very tired that afternoon. At almost dinnertime, he laid down to drink his milk. It actually looked better to me than the way he was sitting up to drink it, as he would close his eyes and head bob with a straw in his mouth! At least he had some head stability this way. He perked up after getting his milk and was good for the rest of the short evening to my surprise.
Recently Nolan has been very amusing with his toddler ponderings. I caught him looking at Stella (the black dog) and asking, "Do you wanna talk?" We then had a lively discussion of what she would say if she could talk.
He is also a bit puzzled by adjectives lately, or at least he thinks they're part of a game. I'll say, "I'm sleepy" and he'll say, "No you're not, you're mama!" And on and on...
1 comment:
This reminds me of the time I got your hair horribly tangled around the brush iron and it started to singe-you were quite hysterical.
I could recommend some great hair product for his dilemma!
Post a Comment