Thursday, January 01, 2009

running outdoors with no coat





We got to spend a lot of relaxing time at my parent's home which is a bit isolated so resting is the best option. But for Nolan, it was a great time to run around outside and see cows, horses and birds (which are singing Yellow Submarine according to Nolan). He loved getting into his Grumpa's truck. At one point before going outside he asked for his coat, hat and snow boots to which I gleefully got to tell him he would not need that.

Vacationing brings out certain toddler neuroses, and for Nolan it hit early with a paranoia that I was going to go to work. He was just fussy and wouldn't say why at first, but then later in the morning he asked "mama go work?" I explained to him we were on vacation, no work and then he just kept asking for the fun of it and he finally let me leave his line of sight.

Another oddity was saying "milk" or "chocolate milk" in lieu of "mama." During the day he would cry out "milk" if he wanted someone to intervene in his being tickled or the like. And really odd was how every night he would cry out "MILK! CHOCOLATE MILK!" and go back to sleep. I had to help him fall back asleep a couple time because he was sleeping in a big boy bed, to which he is not accustomed yet. This wore off as soon as we got home.

No comments: