
Our little girl was getting seriously stinky from all the spit up milk so we decided to give her a bath tonight. She still LOVES her bath if it's the right magical temperature. Nolan wanted to help I believe so he could still be the center of attention. Every "isn't Nico adorable?!" was followed by a "Nolan!!!" I think my return to work has triggered some attention seeking behavior the likes of which we have not seen before.

Each sweet picture I took was in between shots of Nolan interjecting himself into the moment! This time showing his face needed a good washing...

It looks like we have another
washcloth muncher! She loves sucking and chewing on anything it seems so she was pretty enthusiastic about her discovery tonight.

Ah, sweet brotherly love... we all hope that Nolan calms down a bit with his "look at me's" and "play with me's" and "mama, mama, mama's" soon. We're trying to curb it the best we can, but we can't change the fact that there's competition now for our attention. When we were undressing Nico for her bath, John and I were doing it together and Nico seemed curious and overjoyed about having 100% of both of our attention. I feel like I'm fighting for the kid's attention, too, however. Sometimes I can't get Nico to stop focusing on Nolan and onto me or her nursing. Likewise, I may try to get Nolan to come over but he won't step away from entertaining his sister. Of course forget about John and I paying attention to one another! Although we have been thrilled by the multitude of breaks and assistance we've gotten from family since moving here. Now it's time for a date.
No comments:
Post a Comment