Sunday, December 20, 2009

pretend play on and on

The mountain of books he created after bringing them to the "library" in the dump truck.

This was such a difficult photo to get surprisingly. I think it's so cute when he's completely laying on the floor engaged in the movement of his toys, but usually when I try to catch it, he pops right back up.

Of course there are more stories that I forgot to include in the update on his pretend play mastery, but seriously I could add several stories a day. Some of the cutest ones lately...
  • In the front of our house are three massive evergreen bushes. During the summer I trimmed them back and enough in between so that Nolan could walk around them. He now uses them as a foil for multiple games, like "house" and "hospital" and then as a garage for his car he rolls around on. Behind the bushes is a great space to hide and play.
  • The buffet now has a door for a mama monster and a dada monster. He asks me to come closer so I can see them.
  • He saw a woman on the front of a magazine and told John that she was a mama and had a little boy at home waiting for her. He says this often about women he sees...
  • His easel and a shelf in my closet often function as stores. At the easel he will stand on the other side and go, "boop! boop!" like he running the item for sale through a scanner!
  • Nolan will often turn photographer on me, picking up a block, placing it in front of his eye and then tapping it with his finger. He doesn't say click exactly, but it's like that except with some sputtering noise...

No comments: