Thursday, November 06, 2008

blue meanies, blue fingers



We were having fun coloring tonight and outlining our hands so of course we made a big mess... he even smeared marker on his face somehow. We sat down to enjoy his most recent favorite book, Yellow Submarine... while we were listening to The Beatles sing the Yellow Submarine. Nolan has actually seen the movie twice, once with us in the back yard of a neighbor and then with his Tennessee grandparents when they watched Nolan all day on our recent TN trip. He will break into song at times and loves looking at the pages of the book. We have actually read it together, but he still wants to get to know the book REALLY well and won't let me turn the page until he's stared at every bit of colorful pop art.

He was so sweet as I put him to bed tonight. We usually tuck in his animals, select a car or train to come with him, arrange his "pillow" which is really a blanket he likes to sleep on and he lays down as I tuck him in. He starts off "twinkle twinkle little star" and then HE says "night night Nolan" and good night to whatever else he wants (just like in Goodnight Moon). I give him a kiss and then usually go back downstairs, but tonight he kept saying "one more kiss" and had a good time getting in as many kisses as he could before I had to say last kiss... I didn't want to he was being so sweet!

No comments: