Friday, September 10, 2010

stories of Nico

It's been difficult to write much about the past month as we've quickly learned that having two children makes being with just one seem terribly easy. Certainly there's a lot more to share about Nico than just pictures. Her second meeting with her big brother Nolan she immediately made a strange noise I've never heard her make since. The noise seemed to have an unmistakable message that it was her time with mama and to get back! It made me think that this little girl will not be taking the back seat.

Her grandma has been certain since the beginning that she has a calm personality. I have been a bit nervous to agree, but it's quite true. I've been reserving judgement since Nolan became a crazy colicky mess about now. Nico has actually been a little frantic in the nine to midnight block ever since she was born, but nothing like colic. Just hungry for milk and extra loving. She is able to sleep through barking dogs, all types of music and Nolan's noisiest monster metal dump truck rattling & clanging as he tears through the house pushing it as fast as his legs will take him. Nico has the most prized of baby skills to be able and fall asleep on her own about half the time when we lay her down, and most of the time at night! Hopefully this will last past the sleepy newborn stage.

She does show signs of sweet girliness. She loves her baths and warm wash cloth treatments tremendously, cooing and without a single cry. The lotion afterwards is also a favorite of hers. I'd say she might be well on her way to becoming a daddy's girl as well. She's been home with dad twice now for the morning as I left so John could give her a bottle. When I return she seems exceptionally calm. She also has a lot of dandruff from John rubbing his stubbly chin on her delicate head. I ask why there's so much dander to which John replies, "She likes to be there." I think John is smitten.

We all love to rub her fuzzy nearly bald head. Nolan rubs it for good luck he says and is constantly kissing her. He also wants to show her off all the time and stays by her side when we're out. It's only been a month but it feels like she's been with us forever. I can't wait to see what the next month will bring.

No comments: