Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Chinese New Year


















































We had a bit of a surprise when we went to the Domes recently with one of Nolan's friends, Annabelle. They were actually having a Chinese New Year's celebration. So we looked at the trains and the plants a little, then moved on to the party. They had a show mostly put on by children with singing, dancing and playing musical instruments I wish I could remember the names of, but they were beautiful. The kids had to dance to entertain themselves while waiting for the show to begin, but then were totally wrapped up in the performances.

So it's officially the year of the Tiger now, and I was thinking about how I'm going to have a little tiger soon. Nolan should be having a little brother or sister in August. He's been excited about the idea and at first puzzled by our veiled discussion about the upcoming baby. (I thought saying pregnant was OK since he may not really get it.) Finally when I was about 10 weeks he got right in my face and asked, "Where's the baby?!?" So I told him in a way I thought he would understand a little better. He seemed to forget about it for a couple weeks but then started asking if it was big enough to come out yet. Then he spontaneously stuffed his Lammie under his shirt and said HE had a baby. He then asked me to pull it out and he said, "It's a BOY!" He must know more about pregnancy than I thought.


No comments: